Monday, August 18, 2014

Tanzania, Santorini, & Positano... My favorite places

Last summer I had the opportunity to take a vacation of a lifetime with my family to Europe and Africa. We started out on a 10 day Mediterranean Cruise which left out of Rome that went to Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, Istanbul, Ephesus, and Naples. After the cruise we spent 6 days in Rome and had the opportunity to go to several places around Italy. Once our trip ended in Rome, we flew to Tanzania, Africa for a 10 day safari. I was unable to limit myself to choose just one of my favorite places after being to all of these amazing places. All of the photos in this blog were taken by one of my family members or myself. The three places that I chose are Tanzania, Santorini, and Positano. Tanzania, Africa. Tanzania was a life changing experience. I got the opportunity to see many different types of animals and a whole new culture. All of the photos below have been taken by my cousin, Will Hugon. A few of the photos are from his camera and a few are from his iPhone.



 
(One of the gorgeous resorts that we stayed at in Tanzania)

(Photo of my whole family at a "Sundowner" dinner one evening) Santorini, Greece. Santorini is one of the places that we stopped on our cruise. Santorini is built on a cliff and was one of the most gorgeous places I had ever seen. I hope to have the opportunity to return one day!

 
(Amazing photo taken by my step sister) Positano, Italy. Positano was one of my favorite places that I got to travel to in Italy. On the way there, we got to drive down the Amalfi Coast, which was amazing also. Positano is a little town where everyone was so friendly and they are known especially for their lemons and gorgeous pottery. I got the chance to purchase many gorgeous pieces of painted pottery from a locally owned shop.


(The lemons in Positano were huge!)

 
(Walking around in Positano was one of my favorite memories of the trip)

1 comment:

  1. Now I can leave the comment that started our little admin adventure! That list of cities is enchanting... and not just the Mediterranean, but Africa too. How marvelous! And you took some fantastic pictures. Thank you so much for sharing all of those! In this class you will find so many points of contact between that trip with the stories you can read in this class, too - Italy, Greece, Turkey, Africa. Now I wish I had a Tanzanian unit in the Africa module... but even if there is not a Tanzania unit, you can still find some great story collections to read in the African units you will see there. I hope you will enjoy traveling by-means-of-stories in this class!

    ReplyDelete